Driving to Augusta this morning with the country radio station revving me up for an all day conference I needed to be awake for – it hit me: I only have two weeks left in this country for a long time. I only have two weeks left driving my truck, listening to country music on the radio, and living with my parents.
Some things I’ll miss more than others, some will just become fond memories. I’ve realized these are some of the things I’ll miss the most from the USA:
- My family
- My friends
- Snuggling with Lily
- Driving the yota a.k.a. my toyota tacoma
- Blasting country music and driving down back roads
- The way the leaves change & the smells of fall in Maine
- Not having to pay rent (or the heating bill, the electricity, etc.)
- Relatively cheap peanut butter – but let’s be honest, I’ll probably still buy it in Spain
I’m sure as time goes by once I’m in Spain I’ll realize more things that I miss about this country. But I can’t dwell on what I’ll miss with all the AMAZING opportunities to come, all the new adventures to be had, and all the new friends to be made. Until I pack my bags and jet off to Spain, I’ll enjoy all the things above to the fullest before I must say see ya soon & love love love you all !